"Though she be but little, she be fierce"
1 Day Course for Girls Aged 10-18.
- Painting, Photography, Yoga, and Journaling are used to create a playshop where you get to learn the art of self-compassion (being cool to yourself and your body)
- Stress reduction and wellness techniques are explored
- Learn skills to help your friends who are struggling to be happy with their bodies.
- Fun, Playful, and you get to learn heaps about yourself.
Next Course is happening in April 2019 In Wainuiomata - Apply to be accepted into the council sponsored (free to you) course below.
Creative Mojo Dojo | The Girl Power Sessions
A one afternoon a week 8-week course designed for 11-14 year old girls.
The Creative Mojo Dojo is a place where you get to learn several new skills
- Photography (Taught by New Zealand's Creative Photographer of the Year 2017)
- Creativity - How to create your best ideas
- Self Compassion - How to be kind to yourself as you learn new skills.
- Friendships - Meet other girls in a safe supportive circle of creativity.
- Design Principles (how to make things look good in imagery)
- Creativity with Soul - You will be given several photographic challenges to complete where you not only learn to use the camera better but you learn about yourself as a person as well.
- Visual Story Telling - You will learn how to show what you are feeling inside in a way that others can begin to understand using only images that you create with your camera.
- Exhibition - Your best images will be selected to go into an exhibition showcasing the work we are doing.
Girl Grit Film School
An 8 week course where girls learn how to:
- Do Post Production
- And Promote a Web Series
Supported by NZ Female Film Makers
Must take the Creative Mojo Dojo 8 week course first to qualify.
You get to learn how to be awesome to yourself while you learn. Self compassion, emotional literacy, and resiliency are taught alongside the film making skills. So not only will you be a future brilliant film maker but you will be an incredibly cool person to work with as well, and will have developed the grit to see your projects through to the end.