Make Art + Change the World
We are looking for creative females who want to change the world.
GIrls in year 8- 10
To join a youth panel to co-create an arts and mental wellness workshop for girls.
You could be a heArtivist if:
- You like to make things (Art, Music, Dances, Carving, Weaving, Construction, Photography, Film Making, Digital art, writing...anything that comes from your head and you create it)
- You noticed the critical voice in your head getting louder and you want to learn how to dial the volume down.
- The mess the adults have left us in the environment is seriously concerning and you don't know what to do about it.
- You want tools that you can use to help your friends feel better.
Art + Wellness + Activism
A Free Creative Wellness Program
How it works: After School program
- Short wellness workshop followed by creative time with an artisitic mentor.
- You get given 8 artistic challenges (you can't fail, there are no grades, just complete free play creative time).
- You can work in whatever artistic medium you like. (If you don't have a style of art you love we can teach you photography).
- You have mentorship support to complete the challenges.
- The last challenge is to create Art that impacts change in the world in a way that excites you.
- You get to pick your favourite work to have at the end of the workshop exhibition.
In the heArtivist Workshops you learn:
- Creative Resilience (how to improve your creative thinking and handle setbacks with grace)
- Self- Compassion ( how to turn down the volume of the critical voice in your head, and turn up the volume of inspiration.)
- Non-Violent Communication (how to meet others needs while at the same time getting your needs met without drama)
- How to Create Creative Circles of Safety (Where you can safely show your creative work and grow as an artist)
- Community Change Management (How to make art that makes the world a better place.)
Our Explainer Booklet
Thursday's Afterschool starting on March 14th.
If you would be interested in becoming a heArtivist and helping Every Body is a Treasure Charitable Trust to coCreate (girls and the course facilitators work to make the next course even better), then sign up below.